Become a Member
Become a member of the MBA – MBA Membership Form…
Get Involved – You can help!
The participation and support of the neighbors of the MacArthur Boulevard businesses is essential to our success. The residential neighborhoods in the area along MacArthur between Lawrence Avenue and Wabash represent 1/10th of the population of the Springfield urban area. The demographics of the approximately 13,000 residents – stable, well-educated, varying age ranges and with high employment – make them desirable customers for retail businesses.
Our intent is to develop a partnership between businesses and MacArthur Boulevard area neighborhoods. We believe this is possible by creating solutions that simultaneously support current businesses, attract new businesses and customers, please homeowners and help to ensure that MacArthur businesses can successfully compete in the future.
You can help! Support the association by becoming a member.
Why should area residents join and participate in the association?
- An invitation to play a direct part in all events and activities developed to enhance the image and viability of the MacArthur Boulevard area as a great place to live.
- Strengthen relations between surrounding neighborhoods and business owners.
- An opportunity to work on zoning and other local government issues with business owners as partners.
- Help to maintain safe neighborhoods for the area.
- Provide support and encouragement to improve public spaces – roads, lighting, utilities, and sidewalks.
- Promote storefront and facade improvements.
- Beautify streetscape to create a vibrant corridor that will create a more attractive setting for neighborhood business and maintain surrounding residential property values.
Strong neighborhoods are a necessity for the successs of any business community. The MacArthur Boulevard Business Association is working hand-in-hand with the surrounding neighborhoods and villages to ensure the area remains a desirable place to work, shop and live.
The following list details neighborhood associations and villages located in the MacArthur area.
Williams Boulevard / Washington Park
Historic Westside Neighborhood Association
The Historic Westside Neighborhood Association actively works to preserve and protect vital residential areas and the quality of life within its service area bounded on the north by Jefferson Street, on the south by South Grand Avenue, on the west by Chatham Road and on the east by W. Walnut Street.